How you root your device is different for every single model. For some devices, this can prove to be a difficult process involving circumventing the manufacturer’s safety precautions. For others, it can be as simple as plugging your phone into your computer and pressing a button. You can always check out the XDA forums for instructions for your specific device. Users can now reboot their devices to recovery, in order to wipe device memory and storage. Each device has a specific key combination, which when pressed during boot will take them to the recovery console. Here users should wipe cache, dalvik cache and factory reset their device, which essentially implies cleaning apps and existing firmware.
The list may include distributions that come preinstalled on a device (stock ROM) or modifications of them. Firmware hacks usually take advantage of the firmware update facility on many devices to install or run themselves.
- You need to go to an online site, search for your phone model, enter the firmware version you want to download, and then wait for a few hours for the download process to be completed.
- That’s how you can install a custom Android ROM on your phone.
- Bloatware makes an impact on battery life and Android device performance, especially when the apps are running in the background.
- They are cheaper and very good in performance without any “hanging” and “freezing” problems.
- A ROM in terms of the Android OS is the OS interface, including apps and firmware that have been loaded into the read-only memory of the device.
- The reason is because custom ROMs never make it to their final version.
Custom ROM is a uniquely modified firmware developed and built by a third party vendor. However, before you jailbreak your phone, remember that installing a custom ROM might void the warranty of your mobile device. And unlike stock ROMs, custom ROMs can be notoriously unstable.
So with all of this being said, if you’re new to the aftermarket development scene, you’ll have to install a ROM that’s specifically made for your phone. You’ll then have to find ways to recover it download stock firmware or take it to the service center.